Monday, May 24, 2010

Doings

I know, I know..... I haven't posted!  It is a terrible thing and the blogging kiss of death.  I can't help it!  I've been busy with doings.  So... I'll list my excuses and see what you think.

First, there is the genealogy thing.  It has grown!  I didn't intend for it to get away from me, but a simple question about an ancestor has turned into a three ring binder of information.  It is amazing, and I'm thrilled with all I'm learning.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking responsibility myself.   My new found relative has been doing this for over twenty-five years, and he is sharing his wealth of knowledge.  I'm so fortunate!!


Second, It was wonderful this past weekend to have family as company.  I'm still getting acquainted and bonding with Mr.'s family, and there are a lot of them.   They came equipped with 4-wheelers and dirt bikes and played like crazy in the country.  It's another one of those appreciation for open spaces thing.  Sometimes one must get away from the city and roam free.

Speaking of roaming free...  I'd been hearing from Mr. about a new colt.  Mr. has given up horseback riding, but still has his old friends around the ranch.  He has replaced the horse with a 4-wheeler as thinks it is safer for him at this point in time.   As I said, I've been hearing about the colt and the mare.  The poor dear injured her leg and Mr. has been doctoring it.  She is getting better.  I was thrilled that I had Snappy with me when I got to the ranch and they were by the gate.  I'd really been wanting to see them.   I told Mr. that I wanted to name the colt Promise.  I don't know why, I just said it.  We will see how that goes.

The grand finale excuse: Most doings lately have been just the same old thing.  I will admit that some days I'm at a writing stand still.   Now, that is probably the biggest excuse.  I'll post to say I'm still around.  I'll try to think of something witty and mildly interesting.  Intensely interesting would be better.   Have a wonderful week and try to get into a bit of mischief.  It is good for one to be a little ornery around the edges... just a little. Tah Dah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back...I have been lurking around every day to see if you are back. What a nice surprise that you are!
Linda