Sunday, June 13, 2010

Country Pics

Yesterday morning Snappy and I headed for the country.  I was heading to the home of a friend and  P.E.O. sister for a delightful luncheon.  Of course, I took Snappy.  I felt sure I could find something interesting that would beg to be photographed.
I was so impressed with how pleasant, pretty, and peaceful her yard looks and feels.  I think they've added new sidewalks recently, and the grass seemed to be trimmed to perfection.  
I decided to wander around the house to the back yard.  I just stood there awhile taking in the fact that you could see forever into the distance.  No buildings, no roads, no people.... just land and more land.  It isn't the city of concrete and steel.    Snappy and I focused on the distant things and tried to capture the moment.  
I walked around a bit more, then came back to the scene.  Well.... look who arrived.  I walked quietly forward as didn't want to scare off my grazing friends.  I think Snappy made a little noise, but we tried to be quiet.
                                         
The grazers decided to move on as I was getting closer and Snappy was being a nuisance... I guess.  I certainly wished that fence wasn't in the way as wanted a picture of them running down the hill.  Goodbye......
Not far down the hill , and the grass beckoned again.  Ah, how delightful to just stand there nibbling on the grass.   I was getting a little hungry myself and decided I really should quit running around in the yard and go join the luncheon folks.  I knew I had something much better than grass to look forward to.   There was fun, festivities, and food awaiting.
    

As I left to return to my home, I happened to see the horses again.  There was more going on in the pasture by the side of the house.  People who had probably left to give us peace and quiet for our luncheon had arrived.  Things were starting to happen.  I considered pulling up a chair and just sitting out the afternoon in the country drinking in the open space and air.  However, people were leaving and I felt I had to go too.  So.... Snappy and I packed up and went away... away from the pasture, away from the lovely rural setting, away from the wide open spaces.  Ah... 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love the rural life, you can't get much better than that!