Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Spot of Pretty

I've had lilies in my back yard for awhile waiting to open.  They are really huge this year, and I've been thinking that one day the buds will open.   I noticed them this morning and thought they were rather pretty. Snappy and I went outside this evening before dusk and I managed to get a few pictures of the flowers.  I can't tell you exactly what this is, but one of a bunch of lilies that I ordered several years ago from a QVC show.  We've had quite a bit of rain lately, and they seem to like that.

I must say that this Easter Lily seems to be running a bit tardy this year, but it has finally arrived and is showing its splendor.  I was thrilled to see this one as well.

I will confess that I'm not much of a gardener, but I do appreciate the beauty of God's colors and know that having a little spot of color in the yard is a thing that should make us smile.

No comments: