Thursday, June 17, 2010

Do You See the Pressure Cooker?

This innocent little bag of beans awaits rinsing, snapping, and cooking.  There are a couple of stray banana peppers there too, but those are not the topic of conversation at that moment.

What is the topic of my thoughts is Mr. and the pressure cooker.  Do you see the pressure cooker?  You know, it is hard to can green beans with no pressure cooker.

Being the wonderful new wife that I am, I listened to my husband's less than subtle suggestion that canning would be a wonderful thing.  I stepped up to the plate and took a workshop on home canning.  I patted myself on the back and have to admit being quite pleased with myself over that one.   I came home and was almost in a state of enthusiasm about canning.

The produce has started coming.  This is the second batch of beans.  Actually, this is only half of that second batch. It was sharing time, and Mr. took the other half to a friend.  I'm sure they were excited to get them.

 I've cooked and we've eaten one sack.  They were yummy... fixed with bacon and a bit of salt and pepper.  Sooo good!

I've asked Mr. several times to check at the country house and fetch the canning equipment.  He keeps saying that he has it, but it doesn't seem to appear.  I pointed to the sack of beans as they sat on the counter and asked if he could see the pressure cooker.  He gave me a look when I told him that would be the title of my blog for the day.

Don't get me wrong,  I know that when the pressure cooker and other canning supplies arrive, so will the immediate expectations of canning.  I won't have any excuse not to get busy and can those beans.  Perhaps I should just lie low and not mention it again.  I'm really torn as am feeling a bit lazy about this processing food idea.  As it is, I can just blame it on Mr.  It's his fault... well.... it IS!

No comments: