Saturday, May 1, 2010

I-Needa's Cherry Coke Salad

I don't mind cooking, but I like things that are simple and quick and still make the taste buds happy... rather like the shortcut pie crust.

By simple, I'm talking about limiting the number of ingredients to items that I can find in the grocery store. I've a number of cookbooks with luscious looking food pictures and ingredients that I've never heard of before. They may be tasty, but I have no idea what they are.


I offer you this very tasty tested jello recipe. I'm having to keep it on hand at all times for Mr. He loves it... really. I've served it at dinner parties as well, and it seems to go with everything. People who initially scoff at jell-o take a bite of this delight, roll their eyes, and go for more.

So... get ready for a four ingredient recipe (five if you count the water) that is fresh and tasty and, best of all, easy to make.


Thank you I-Needa for sending your mother this wonderful recipe.... It's a winner for sure at our house.

I-Needa's Cherry Coke Salad

1 can (20 ounce) crushed pineapple
2 packages (3 ounce each) cherry Jell-O
1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cola ( I rather like to use cherry)

Drain pineapple juice into pan, (set aside the pineapple for later)
Add water and bring to boil.
Add jell-o and stir until dissolved.
Stir in the pie filling
Stir in the cola

Pour into a serving bowl.
Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
Fold in pineapple. Refrigerate until set.

No comments: