Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Not Our Traffic

I've mentioned before that I love living in a small community where we don't have rush hour traffic.   I will confess that Mr. dragged me out of town. You will be happy to know that there was no kicking and screaming involved, at least on Mr.'s part.  I behaved and went willingly.  We headed out of town to spend the Mothers' Day weekend in the great state of Texas.   It was a long drive, and I was ready to get there.  We skirted around the Dallas area, thank goodness, but still we ran into traffic.  I got snappy out of its riding place and took a picture of the highway as the traffic started picking up a bit.  I kept thinking how calm our little streets are.  This wasn't a rush hour picture, but it was certainly busier that we ever get in our small town.  We don't have a rush hour.  Period.

We did have a good time, and even managed to get home without getting blown away.  I knew storms were coming, and I really wanted to just drive on home when we returned.  However, Mr. had other ideas, and we stopped by Oklahoma City Stockyards.  Oh, I should have taken Snappy with me as I walked across the catwalk type thing over the cattle pens and into the auction area.  It would have been super to show you here.  However, it was windy as the dickens, and I left Snappy cowering in his case in the car.  I wasn't too sure that I wouldn't be blown off the walkway and onto the top of cattle.  I hung on and Mr. sailed ahead of me.  He was so anxious to get inside and check out the auction that I probably could have been dropped into the pens and trampled to death before he would even notice.  Such a guy.  Sometimes I just don't cut the mustard in the hurry up department.

The other thing I've been doing is that genealogy stuff... searching for long lost and dead relatives.  It has become an intense thing on my part.  I finally had to push away from the computer and make myself leave it alone for awhile.  It is a hard thing to do.  I can see why people say it is addicting.  It is.  Hopefully, I'll be back to post again tomorrow... perhaps.  I'm in an intense phase of ancestry searching.  Hope all is well with you, dear readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived the storms! Also glad you are back posting.
Do Texans do Mothers Day differently? Wondered why he chose to go there..must have had something else on the agenda..
Linda