Monday, May 3, 2010

Country Spaces

On the way back to town from my adventure of driving the feed truck the other day, I was once again overcome with the wonderful feeling of wide open spaces. The sky was a beautiful blue with such white fluffy clouds, and there weren't any buildings to look at... just that wide open God's country feeling.

I couldn't help myself. I pulled over and grabbed Snappy. (Love my new Canon Rebel T1i). I pressed the window down button and listened as the only sound around was the zzzzzzzzzz of the window. No traffic noise, no blaring radio, no anything. Perhaps if I were a better listener, I might have heard some blowing grass sounds. It was lovely. So, Snappy and I took some pictures and reveled in the unbroken peacefulness of the place.
Later as I crossed Sand Creek, I stopped again. Snappy was ready and we enjoyed a few more pictures looking up the creek. Again.... peaceful and quiet. I could hear a little bit of water noise, but that was only the music it makes.

I've said before that I so value our little area of the world. It is wonderful to have open places and peaceful retreats. It only took one year of living in Dallas to make me appreciate a lack of buildings, concrete, highways, and noise. I embrace the peaceful scenic life. Tah Dah

No comments: