Sunday, May 24, 2009

White

This picture isn't going to get your senses anywhere near overload. It is white. It is the dining room... plain white. The interesting speckles on the crown molding are little spots of Bondo which will be sanded away when MCM returns. It was a Bondo nightmare after trying to put the crown molding back in place. MCM put 1/4 inch drywall over that wallpaper, so took down the molding. He said that drywall was very dense, and it took a lot more work to get the crown molding back over it. You really won't see any of that once he has put his magic touch on it.

You might say that MCM escaped as headed for Houston to work on some volunteer project there for a few days. He will return, and I'd best have some work done here myself. I've put a primer on the bottom half. He did the top. I've been sanding the woodwork and plan to caulk next. I really don't like doing any of this, but I will. I'll even try not to whine.

I can't really finish with the color until MCM gets that Bondo sanded. Then I'll get to put color on the walls, and I'm really looking forward to that. I'm going to put the room back together and threaten MCM if I see any of his stuff in there. It may not work, but I'll try.

Things are coming along, and I am starting to see the light at the end of the remodel. All is well. Tah Dah.

No comments: