Monday, May 18, 2009

More Log Rolling

I've decided that I'm in training for advanced log rolling. Working on a house is definitely a challenge, and not one for the faint of heart. Things are always changing and switching directions. Surprise, surprise!

You have been following the endless tales of my kitchen remodel. So? What is this? Not the kitchen. Definitely not the kitchen.

I mentioned that the dining room needed a little fixing on the wallpapered part of the wall. The sad tale is that the original wallpaper was put on over drywall without any priming. The result is a nasty little surprise when one wants to remove the paper and do something different.

MCM worked to help me do something about this. We were going to sand the loose places and then seal it with some oil based Kilz. Then he would use joint compound for drywall to 'mud', sand, and hopefully I'd be able to paint. Nope! No such luck. It soon became obvious that the work involved was going to be too labor intensive, and the result wasn't even guaranteed.

After about an hour of trying to make it work, the decision was made to take down the beautiful crown molding that he put up in October and add 1/4 inch drywall.
These telling pictures show him taking down the molding, and starting the drywall process. Actually, it will be a better fix in the end. I'll be able to paint and know that it won't come down in strips on the floor.

What a nice selection of colors!







I really don't know what I'd do without my capable Master Carpenter Man. Love that guy! In spite of all the doings with the house, he has remained calm and always gets things worked out the best way possible. Yea for him!

No comments: