Saturday, April 25, 2009

Promises

I came home on Thursday afternoon to this sight. The base cabinets for the sink side of the kitchen were standing in my living room. I've left strict instructions with Master Carpenter Man about my living room. He is NOT to put carpenter droppings in there. As the way of all things, we have run out of room for all the droppings, so the cabinets are in one end of the living room.

The fact that they are at my house means that they will soon, I hope, be in the kitchen. I'm thinking that is a promise of things to come. Who knows, perhaps I really will have a kitchen again before summer.

This may be something you can't believe, but I walked right past these when I first came into the living room and didn't even see them. Seriously! I guess I've gotten really good at ignoring all the mess. I'm not going to tell MCM that I didn't see them. I have a feeling he lined them up in order and figured I'd be really surprised. I was surprised, but just not instantly.

I think one of these days this will be over, and I may not know how to behave. I'll miss MCM, but not his droppings. He has even left anything but brief messages this week on the answering machine. He had a few questions of my preference concerning the cabinets. He just loves that 'Leave a BRIEF message' statement on the machine. So, he tells jokes and anything else he can think of to see how long it will be before the machine cuts him off. I think it is a game with him. Seriously.

Perhaps I'll be able to post more pictures this next week as real work here might take place. That would be nice. Until then, I'm ignoring any assignments I was given to paint in my back room. I did have things to do, but I'm taking a vacation.... away from working on the house.

No comments: