Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Moving Slowly

There are days that I feel this whole kitchen remodel thing is going to last forever. I remember when I was a kid and it took forever, and I do mean forever, for Christmas to roll around. It feels a little like that. Time is moving, but s-l-o-w-l-y.

I'm not going to complain. I hope you aren't disappointed in that. Surely you have better things to do than to listen to me complain. Seriously.

I have things to be thankful for in my life. I'm thankful that the stove is hooked up again and I can use it. I've fixed roasts and really enjoyed the top burners. Ah, the simple things in life.

I was happy when Master Carpenter Man dropped by and brought some of the cabinets he has been making. They are just standing around in the floor for now. One in the picture is standing on its side, the other is on its top. You can't really tell much about them yet, but they are there. I can tell they are so well made, and I'm going to love them.

I haven't had MCM at the house for awhile as he is in his own shop at his house working away. I imagine he is happy about that. He did complain that it is rather smelly there as he has been staining and putting a finishing coat on the cabinets. He has whined a bit, but I'm just not having any of that.

People ask me how the kitchen is coming along, and I just smile. I say that it will be awhile before it is finished, and they quickly tell me that I'll love it when it is done. I agree. I really do. I'm perfecting the art of ignoring what I don't really want to see. I think that it might just come in handy for other things as well.

I'm sorry that I haven't posted pictures for awhile. As I've explained, things just aren't happening at warp speed, so there you have it. I'm trying to get back to doing some 'normal' things and will try to write a bit about those. In the meantime, have a blessed day.

No comments: