Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Happening

My living and dining room now hold boxes of oak hard wood nail down flooring in gunstock. It was delivered with some 'to do' from Nearby City and is ready to be installed. I'd call this real progress.

Of course, I wasn't really expecting that it would happen yesterday, so didn't do any last minute laundry. MCM asked me if I needed to do any laundry as he disconnected my washer and dryer and moved them out of the way. I told him that I'd planned on doing some underwear, but could do without it for a few days. Kidding!

It really is nice to see some progress being made in the house. MCM has been working in his own shop making cabinets, so it has been quiet here on a day to day basis for awhile. I've almost had a few sane moments. However, it is nice to have him back and hear his radio and all those noises that mean progress is being made.

He spent a long time yesterday morning marking places on the floor. He had string lines and worked with the level for a long time. He put down some shims and cut the doorway woodwork so the new flooring will be level and fit. Lovely, really. I just LOVE how meticulous this man is about his job. I know absolutely that anything he does is done right.

Today there will be more of the same. I'll watch. He will work. It's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your underwear comment was just
too funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Brenda