Friday, April 10, 2009

A New Floor

Master Carpenter Man has been busy laying the new oak nail down flooring. Actually, he has a little more than this done, but I took this earlier yesterday. It certainly is shiny and clean looking.

I've learned that tedious work takes time. That's okay. Really. I certainly didn't know how much time would be involved when I started this whole kitchen thing, but I'm just going along with it and staying mellow. Someday I'll have things back in order, and I probably won't know how to act.

My big plan for today is to get my washer and dryer back into place. The laundry has piled up, and I need clean clothing. I whined just a little yesterday about that, and MCM said he would wear dirty clothes to work today to make me feel better. Right. He still hasn't volunteered to do my laundry.

With new floors comes the question of scooting appliances back into place without damaging the floor. MCM mentioned that the other day and has about driven me crazy with ideas. I couldn't stand it anymore, so went to the local store and spent time in the slider aisle trying to decide on the correct item that would satisfy MCM and do the best job. I don't want my washing machine dancing out of place and across the room.

MCM just wouldn't give it a rest. He had more ideas on the slider subject than Heinz has pickles. I finally jerked his hat from his head and beat him with it. He claimed abuse. Right. I told him not to say one more word about sliders. I want peace!

I did purchase a dust mop and chased MCM around the floor with it a bit. I felt justified in trying to annoy him with it. It was payback for slider comments.

Today is another day, and I'll have MCM here for more of the same. More later.

No comments: