Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Little Paint

I finally got up the courage to start painting. The cutting in around the edges with paint is what seems to be tedious. I worked on this for quite awhile, then got to the roller part.

Today I'm going to go over the green again. I'm thrilled to have my 'new' kitchen without that big duct hanging down in the middle of the ceiling. I've shown you a picture of that before, and I'll not offend your sensitivity by making you look at it again right now... Maybe later, when I have the whole room finished.

I'm pleased to say that progress is being made. MCM is working on crafting new oak cabinets. There is still cabinet building, tiling, and flooring to do. Let's see... we started this project around the second week of January. MCM laughed the other day about needing a paid vacation. I told him that he had to work a year before he could have any 'paid' vacation. He said that it just might happen.

I might just mention one other tiny thing: the dining room. You see, the wallpaper there is causing a problem. I started stipping it down and found that the original paper had been put on over drywall. Not good!!! I'm going to have to deal with that, and I think that will be a project I'll start next week. I so need another project. Ha and Tah Dah!

No comments: