Friday, April 4, 2008

QVC Confession

Okay, so I was lingering near the TV and just happened upon good old QVC. I will tell you now that I'm NOT addicted to QVC. I will admit ordering a few things once in awhile. I order a few things each year... almost... emphasis on 'few'.... really.

I just had to sit in my craft room and make some cards today. That was a must. I couldn't find anything on TV, and had seen that QVC was having a show on Birkenstock shoes. I do enjoy those shoes.

Funny how I never cared much for shoes as a kid. My mother always said that I would be perfectly happy with the shoe box, and didn't care a fig about the shoes. I guess I've done a flip flop as now like shoes and purses.

I've never liked thong style shoes. JuJu and Grace finally got me to buy some of those. They shamed me into it and I found out that I was right in the first place. I walked around the house in pain just trying to tell myself that everyone else wears them, so I should just tough it out and be fashionable. I can't believe I just called thongs fashionable. What I should call them is mighty uncomfortable. I tried them and hate them. That's all there is to that.

Now, back to my confession: I did purchase shoes. I was BAD and purchased two different styles. Oh, why did I take my eye off my crafting and let myself be lured by the view to comfortable shoes? I guess the best explanation is that I just wanted them. Period.

Now I can look forward to having Mr. Brown (UPS) arrive with my new fashion statements for summer. I'm going to tell myself that all those childhood years when I didn't care about shoes should balance out my sudden zest for fancy things to dangle from my feet. I may even treat you to a picture of them when they arrive. I'm sure you'll be impressed too.

By the way, confession makes me feel better. I got it out of my system and think I can live with it. Tah Dah!

No comments: