Saturday, April 19, 2008

I-Needa's New Addiction

It all started with Daughter I-Needa's neighbor. Billie loves to paint, and does it well... REALLY well. Lying dormant within I-Needa is an urge to paint. She gets it from her mother, Me.

So, I-Needa went last Saturday to paint with a little group in the neighborhood in Billie's kitchen. Life was good. I-Needa came home with this little painted clay pot. As you see, it didn't take long for her collection of brushes to be rescued from the closet. I'm sure there must be some new ones mixed among them as well.

It didn't take long for I-Needa to beat feet to good old Hobby Lobby to stock up on acrylic paints. After all, one cannot paint without paint. They were a bargain as well. ON SALE!! One must save money buying on sale. Some of these were in her closet, but some are new.


Her first work of art was a mushroom she found in a book. It is the look at it and see if you can do it too method. It looks pretty good to me for her first try.. or any try. I certainly know what I-Needa is going to be doing in her spare time for awhile. The problem is: I usually decide that I have to try things too. I guess I'd best go dust off my brushes and think about doing a little tole painting. I did that for awhile... years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't have a Billie around to help me with the little tricks of painting.

Actually, I think I'd be money ahead to just enjoy I-Needa's work for awhile. I have my own card crafting thing going on.

No comments: