Monday, April 18, 2011

My Thanks To Linda

Thank you to Linda for identifying the more proper name of the Awful Tree.  I love Linda for leaving comments.  Comments are encouraging!   Although I don't know what is so sweet about the Sweet Gum Tree, I will take Linda's word for it.  She should know... especially if she has five of them in her yard.   

I was feeling rather sorry for myself on yesterday's post.  I have two of the Awful Trees (Sweet Gum) and thought that was really really bad.  Then Linda announced that she has five of them.  FIVE of them!!  Now, that's AWFUL!  

I about fell off the computer chair when I read that they had hauled away three TRUCKLOADS of those spiny sticky things.  Now I feel extremely sorry for Linda..... or whomever she got to haul all that away.  I sure hope she has 'staff'.  

Staff is important.  I don't have any, but I think they would be important.  Sometimes I get son Right Back to serve as 'Staff'.  He does start outside tasks for me occasionally.  The problem is that he leaves at some point and says that he will be right back.  I do believe I've mentioned that before.

I don't think I'm going to get any 'staff' for this task of picking up the sticky spiky things.  Perhaps I need to ask Linda how she got that job done.  She might be more of a treasure trove of information that I know.  

Hey, Linda....  Want to help pick up those lovely little Sweet Gum droppings???   Oh?  I thought not.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must admit "staff" hauled away 2 loads and resident man and I swept up and hauled away one! It was a sticky icky day! Linda

Mary said...

Well, there you go! The task does require staff. You better call Right Back immediately.