Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Plates

Some time ago, Daughter I-Needa decided that her new needs included happy plates.  After many years of the same old thing, she was ready for change.

I can sympathize with her.  I'd used the same china for thirty-five years.  I realized one day that I wanted a little change in china.  I started casting glances at pottery pieces in places such as Dillards and Kohls.  I have to admit that I even went to some Home and Garden parties and parted with money for dishes.

I-Needa went through the same thing, only she didn't suffer for thirty-five years (not old enough yet) and decided to buy something happy.  It was her way of changing up and changing out at the time.

With some 'gift' money, I-Needa headed for the store to purchase happy Fiestaware.  She called me frequently to confess what she had done.  That's the way we handle spending.  We really are careful about what we buy... not to overdo, you know.  However, once in awhile, a girl just has to spend a little.  When that urgent need to spend strikes us, we call each other and confess what we are about to do, or what we have done.  We have our reasons at the ready, and the other is quick to confirm that it was really a good buy and yes, it was probably a good thing to do.

I am happy to report that I-Needa is completely happy with her new sets of Fiestaware.  Mix or match has become her thing.   Select a color by mood.  Give your guests their pick of an appealing color, even if it is on the bottom of the stack.  No problem.   Mugs are also available from the cabinet.  Help yourself, she says.

I think this was a fine way to add a little color to life.  If you are going to brighten up things, do something you will enjoy!   Tah Dah for I-Needa!!

1 comment:

First RV Adventure said...

My mother had these dishes my whole life! Now Janette has them and still loves them. You are right about the bright colors being happy. Very cool!