Monday, September 29, 2008

The Happy Fall Feeling

It's here at last! Fall has arrived with promises of cooler temperatures, lovely leaf colors, and soon to be hearty soup. I'm ready!

Those nasty old summer temperatures are not my cup of tea. I don't like heat. Soaring temperatures drive me into the house and find me in a listless condition.

With cooler temperature, I'm ready to go. Although I've been complaining about yard work and thinking it might kill me, I told you that I'd be very proud of myself once I was really accomplishing something out there. I have much more to do, but it is coming along, and I'm feeling like I'm accomplishing great things.

I've been fussing around inside trying to get that cozy feeling going there too. I do love the oranges, reds, and yellows of fall. They just make me happy. I headed straight for the fireplace and decked it out with a few colors and symbols of fall. Now I can sit there in the evening and enjoy the fact that summer is gone and happier days are ahead.

I found some lovely real mums for outside, but need to go purchase more. I'm going to have to get going and see what I can do about that. I even promise a few pictures of flowers and trees in the near future. Yes, I'm on a roll with joy in my heart and that happy fall feeling spilling out from the inside.

No comments: