Saturday, July 3, 2010

I-Needa's July Visit


I-Needa is up and into her morning routine.  This includes a little bacon frying attired in her Yarnell Art Studio painting apron and bare feet.  I had to laugh at the bare feet as like that method myself in the summer.

I think I can also say that I-Needa is fairly neat for an artist.  I don't see many paint splotches on that nice little apron, and she has used it to paint several pictures.


I'm sitting here messing on the computer and needing to get around for the day.  Taking pictures of I-Needa frying bacon, and her recent art work is keeping me occupied.  So be it.

I-Needa started painting a year ago and loves to go to Jerry Yarnell's studio for workshops.



This was painted in a workshop this past week.  She said that it looked so much easier than it really was.  Jerry told them that it was really hard and might make them crazy.

She did have fun, and plans to add a little something to this painting... not much... just a touch.



The second workshop was this waterfall painting.  She had a good time with it also.  I'm finding out that rocks are really hard to paint... so says I-Needa... and you must also learn something about the science of water.  

I think she is doing quite well in her artistic endeavors.  I'm really a little envious that she has the time to work on this.  I always wanted to take painting lessons myself, but haven't had much opportunity to do that.  Finding someone who teaches and whose work you like can be a bit of a trick.  Teaching is an art in itself.

No comments: