Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Troubleshooting

I have to admit that my teeth have been grinding together a bit the last few days.  When e-mail would arrive it  was often addressed to my old name, not my new name.  I've managed name changing in many places, yet here came that pesky e-mail with the name I didn't want.

That's when I began troubleshooting.  I looked into about every file on my computer and could find nothing to fix the problem.

Now here is the spooky part.  I wrote a note to one of the tech support places for mail I receive and told them about the problem.  I pled with them to fix it... make it STOP.  I had a nice note back from them today telling me that they had my new name on everything and couldn't figure out why it came in with my older name. They suggested that if it happened again that I was to forward their mail back to them.

Well... There it was!  That old name right at the top of the page where it says TO:
So....  I decided to copy that whole thing and put it in mail right back to them.

Magic!  When I pasted it into the e-mail, my name changed.  More head scratching on my part.

Okay... the problem has to be me.  Like I said, I'd been through so many places trying to figure out what the heck was wrong... and I was getting frustrated... a little on the madly miffed side.  It was beating me, and I didn't like it.

I tried to remain calm and think.  Then it dawned on me!  I have a lovely little address book on my iMac and I hadn't changed my own contact information there.  I don't know why, but it puts me in there automatically with a cute little icon of me.  Strange, but that's what happens   I edited all the information there and 'presto' everything is right now.

I'm a very happy camper now as don't have to be irritated to death with mail addressed to the old me and not the new me.  I'm feeling fine.  It just takes some persistence once in awhile and a little focus on troubleshooting.  Tah Dah   Oh, if you don't understand a thing I've said... Sorry.  Really.  Not everyone gets so wrapped up in this kind of doings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well let's see..there is the oldest you, then the older you, and now the new you is the oldest you,right?

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to sign, Linda! Like you didn't know!