Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Country Scene

I always enjoy a trip to the country to Ms. M's place. It makes me so thankful to live in a small community where the country is just a few minutes away.  I get most distressed to even think of living in a large city (Metropolitan style).  I like the look of nature without a sea of concrete and steel.  I've said it before, and visiting Ms. M's only makes me say it again.  It's peaceful!

 I love the look of the barn.  I know it has recently been redone.  It looks like a very elegant barn, if a barn could ever be considered elegant.  It certainly is an upgrade from some barns I've seen.  I will admit that an old run down barn has 'character', but I do think this one is fine to look at.  Yes, it is used for real animals.
 On the drive to the house, Snappy couldn't resist these cute little critters.  Ms. M has quite a soft heart for critters, and they can be found in many forms.  I rolled down the car window for Snappy to get a picture, and it didn't seem to bother them at all.

As I drove away from the beauty of Ms. M's place, I drove very slowly.  Snappy was really in the mood to take some photographs, so I drove very slowly.  Yes, this is the road.  It doesn't look like New York City.  It is a little road across the creek.  When it rains, the water sometimes covers the road, and Ms. M has to drive across the pastures rather than use this super highway.  It had been raining a little the day before, so water was on the 'road', but it wasn't deep.  We were using it.

Continuing on the road, we stopped again for a lovely shot with many shades of green.  I would love to have gotten out and sat here for a long time.  Something Ms. M had said as I left made me a bit cautious. She mentioned that I might see the bobcat that was around.  I didn't think Snappy would like that at all, at least not up close and too personal.   Besides, this is a one lane road.  Someone else might want to use it.  I decided to stay in the car and enjoy the view from there.   I suppose the truth is, when thinking about bobcats, I really am a city girl... small city girl.  They would totally ruin my idea of peace in the country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting and taking pictures again.
Linda

Anonymous said...

I guess you were there before the storms! Linda