Friday, May 6, 2011

Cyber Waiting

I made up my mind this morning to do some yard work.  I don't really like yard work, but there are pesky weeds lurking between things, and someone needs to pull them.   I woke with a plan.  Today was weed pulling day.  

However, I first needed to check e-mail and have a little eye opening caffein loaded coffee.  I love that part of the day.  I'd do that first, then head to the yard.

I noticed in my e-mail that there were lots of ads coming through to my inbox that weren't addressed to me.  Not me at all... someone else's e-mail address.. not mine.   It's like a postman who drops letters for your neighbor off at your house.  Wrong house... not my mail.... wrong e-mail address... not my mail.

Now, is that difficult to understand?  I didn't think so.  However, I had noticed that yesterday as well and wondered if anyone out there in Cyberspace was noticing it.  Considering the amount I had this morning, I decided to tell someone.  Who?

I found a little 'Live Chat' button on my e-mail page, so clicked on that.  I was number 214 in queue. Not good... big number... I'd wait a little while and see.   I had a notice every little bit about how many minutes I had to wait.  It was never more than three.  After fifteen such notices, I thought I'd just hang in there and it wouldn't be much longer.  I had a total of thirty-three notices.

I guess, on the bright side, it gave me a little time to practice patience while I waited in line in cyberspace.  I kept wondering why I was really doing that.  I just sat there minute after minute waiting.  I couldn't give up.  It was a little frustrating.

Finally,  I thought I'd hit pay-dirt when typing appeared and I was welcomed to the Live Chat session.  I let them know what was going on.  Then I got the little notice that they didn't support sbcglobal.net customers.  What!!   I was instructed to go to att.  Lovely.  Bye.

Off to ATT.   I could go on their website, perhaps, and chat.  I opted to try for a real live genuine person.  It took awhile, but I got one.  Once again, more practice in patience.  Yep... One hour later I got off the phone.  Worn slick!  Slick! Slick!

What did I find out from all that waiting in line in cyberspace?  Well... it seems that all that mail probably had hidden addresses.  O-k-a-y?  So?  It looks like the mail is only for someone else.  BUT... my address might be there, although it is invisible to me.  Uh-huh.

I hung up.  Worn Slick!   I believe I said that.  I went to the yard, wondering why I hadn't gone there in the first place.  It certainly would be easier than all that support I got over e-mail.

I spent a little while in the yard, pulled a few weeds, got my sense of humor going again, and came in for a little lunch.  I sat down in my chair, put my feet up and went to sleep.  I think I needed it.  The yard will have to wait until tomorrow.  I'll not call anyone anymore about anything to do with e-mail.  I have that nice little mouse that I can use to simply click 'Delete'.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you post about Kim's engagement? Tell us all about it!
Linda