Monday, August 9, 2010

To The Hills And Beyond

Where would a person like to be when the temperatures are soaring?  Of course, somewhere that is cooler. I've been there this past week... to Someplace Cooler!!  Colorado called, and Mr. and I have been away on a fun filled bus trip to Colorado.  We have ridden trains and even went water rafting.  Yes, I went water rafting.  I did.  Really.

We arrived home yesterday.  We weren't able to bring the nice cool temperatures with us.  We were wearing jackets last week in the cool Colorado mountains.  Now, it is back to reality and the clinging to air-conditioning.
 I've always loved Colorado.  I love the mountains.  That started as a child when my parents headed away from the heat and to the cool.  My father always closed his office during the month of August, and we traveled around Colorado just seeing the sights and keeping cool.
I haven't lost my love for the majesty of the mountains.  They take my breath away.
I've been loading pictures into my computer today and sorting out ones that I'll upload for printing.  I've been doing this, along with laundry.   Part of me is still back in those cool mountains looking at all the beautiful sights.  I'll share some of my adventures this week.   I do have some other menial chores to do as well, but will try to get my act together and share some of the fun stuff.  For today, just feast your eyes on the glory of the land, and think about seventy degree weather.  It will make you smile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo with you....ahhhhh colorado I think i need a trip now this oklahoma heat is killin me!

Anonymous said...

Need more pictures to keep me cool.
Linda