Friday, November 7, 2008

Lost Cat


Man Cat Pumpkin wasn't around this morning for breakfast, which is most unusual. However, I sat his food out and checked once in awhile to see if he had been here. I began to be concerned as he just didn't show up to eat. He likes eating, and always shows up.

As I was sweeping away in the dining room, it dawned on me that I'd gone out to the little building behind my house last night after dark. I had thought about Pumpkin as I went and had tried to be sure that he wasn't around as I opened the door to put something inside. I certainly didn't want to lock him in there overnight.

I went to the building to check, rather hoping that Pumpkin would be in there and all would be well. I've certainly never locked him in before, and I wasn't sure how he would like it if I had.

I opened the door and waited. Pumpkin came sauntering out of the little building as if nothing unusual had happened. He didn't seem to care a lick that he'd been locked in all night. I checked the building and absolutely nothing had been disturbed. The only thing at all different inside was that his food storage container was opened. He hadn't had to work hard to do that. It has a spring lid that just pops up if the opening lever is touched.

It will be interesting to see how Pumpkin treats me today. He may have enjoyed his inside stay last night. I guess I'll find out when I try to go to the car later. He usually follows me and throws himself down in front of me. If he is aloof, I guess I'll know.

No comments: