Thursday, November 13, 2008

Almost Together

For over a month I've whined and complained about the house being fixed up. I've shown you horrid pictures of piles of lathe and plaster, of sheetrock sanding, of a big big mess.

Master Carpenter Man is gone... and I've had a bit of time to recover from all the work I did trying to clean up after him. I've managed to get some furniture back where it belongs and think of my home as a quiet place to relax.

That isn't completely true yet as still need to work on the dining room woodwork. I'm really not done, but well on my way. I keep saying 'tomorrow' I'll do this and that, but I keep postponing all the work I still have to do.

I'm writing this in the evening to post first thing in the morning. It is my hope that tomorrow really will bring some incentive for me to paint and finish up in the dining room. I have guests coming soon, and that means a deadline.

I thought I'd let you know that life is settling down a bit. Perhaps I'll be back to living like a human again. It's certain that I have a new appreciation for anyone who tackles having work done on their home. It is a challenge, an exhausting challenge. In the end, I think it was worth it. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about a kitchen remodel. I've even spoken to Master Carpenter Man. Someday... perhaps in the spring.... First, I need to forget about what happened this past October.

No comments: