Sunday, May 4, 2008

Adding Onto the Outside















I keep working on the outside of the house to improve Man Cat Pumpkin's world. You can see his little house sitting on the back porch by the geraniums. I'm happy to see the lilies coming up. They are looking much better than in the past. I've added a little wrought iron hanger with pewter wind chimes. The newest addition is a garden flag. Personally, I don't really like yard work. I've always felt that was Adam's commission in the garden. Since Adam doesn't seem to be around and my Man Cat Pumpkin isn't good at yard work, that seems to leave the outside work to me.

I've puttered along with making the outside more appealing. I've logged hours in front of the TV watching HGTV shows like Curb Appeal. They usually bring in a crew to do something wonderful for the home. I haven't seen any crews arriving at my place yet.

So far, I haven't said any prayers with requests for help outside. I'm almost afraid to see what might happen. If that makes no sense to you, you'll just have to read the article below again. I will modify that with the statement that I hired people to put down all that wonderful fertilizer and such to make the grass grow in better and the weeds to die. That is working rather well.

My job, as I see it, is to decorate. Therefore I offer you the outside update. I'm sure you are green with envy that I've placed a garden flag there. I need to plant some flowers in the empty pot sitting by the flag. Then I'll begin a search for pink flamingos. Just kidding!!

No comments: