Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tired of the Choo Choo

Everyday lately I think about posting.  I know it has been awhile, and I've felt guilty once in awhile.  I really have.  Writing every day and having something to say is difficult.  So far, I've managed to break every single rule of blogging.  Perhaps saying 'every' rule is a bit of an overstatement, but I've managed to break the really big one about posting on a regular schedule.

I'm sure I've been busy.  I know I've spent a few days working in the yard.  I'm surprised someone hasn't sent a picture of my yard to the makeover show.  Without a doubt, I should be in the running for a makeover.  My yard was beyond desperate.  I had a pile of bricks by the back retaining wall that has graced the yard for over a year.  It was debris from one of the home repair items, and it was a mess.  I guess no one knew what to do with it.   Mr. took it away a couple of weeks ago.   Bless Mr.!  I was delighted, and it seemed to give me incentive to actually go out there in the yard and do something... anything.

I decided to set a goal.  It had to be reasonable and doable.  I opted for filling one yard bag a day.  Anymore than that was optional.  Just 1.  I found myself filling more, but felt free to quit at any moment and come inside.   By the end of the week, I'd collected twelve yard bags of weeds, stray vines, and shrubbery clippings.  It was a sight to see.... the bags standing in a nice little row by the curb.  I wondered if the City would take them away with the trash or leave me a pointed little note about my collection.  Thankfully, they disappeared on trash pick-up day.

I decided to apply that same idea of goal setting to work I need to do inside the house.   I've been working on cleaning.  I do clean regularly,  but had been involved in things that were more fun than cleaning.  I kept telling myself that dust on the furniture was helping to preserve it.  I knew better.  Really.

I received a nice little e-mail the other day from friend Juju.  She mentioned the blog.  She came right out and said it.  Yes, she did.   She said, 'I'm a little tired of the Choo Choo.  I think you should post something different.'   Well, there you have it.  I have to say that I understood and I imagine if you have stopped by at all that you are also tired, perhaps sick and tired, of the choo choo.

Happy weekend.

No comments: